Basic Definitions:
VOC – Volatile Organic Compound – any compound containing carbon.
HAP – Hazardous Air Pollutant – EPA designated 189 compounds to be “Hazardous Air Pollutants”
VHAP – Volatile Hazardous Air Pollutant – the compounds on the 189 List that will volatilize. The 189 List contains heavy metals and  toxic inorganic compounds
NESHAP – Nation Emission Standard for Hazardous Air Pollutants – Federal limits for HAP emissions – EPA Rules
Where can I find the VOC limit in the regulations?
For Federal, VOC limits are found in the Air Regulations:
Click the EPA link  get to the home page
Click “Laws & Regulations”
Under “Regulatory Information by Environmental Topic”, click “Air”
Click “Air and Radiation: Regulation and Statute” to find a list of all Air programs regulated by the EPA
      For State Information:
Click on the State Environmental Agency link
Find the state of interest, this will bring you directly to that specific State Environmental Agency Homepage
Find key words such as Laws & Regulations or Air Programs to get to the regulations containing VOC regulatory information
Each state’s home page varies, the links to the Air regulations will be different
Try to find the Table of Contents for the Air regulations to help get you to the specific citation faster
Where can I find the VOC information on an MSDS?
Under Section 9: Physical & Chemical Properties, the VOC is listed in grams per liter. ITW Polymers Sealants North America has calculated the amount of VOC in each finished product by EPA Method 24 and by Photochemically Reactive Only.
EPA Method 24 is the required method of calculation for some specific State VOC limits, the calculation subtracts out exempt compounds and water.
Photochemically Reactive Only includes water and exempt compounds in the total volume of the product, typically this number is less than EPA Method 24.
If your state does not specifically require you to use EPA Method 24 calculation, use Photochemically Reactive Only.
How do I get rid of old, unused, expired or leftover adhesive, sealant, glue, caulk?
Check the label on the container to identify the product. Once you have identified the product number or name, obtain the most recent Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) by clicking into Product Lines. Check local Yellow Pages for licensed hazardous waste hauler, who could provide guidance for your specific region/area. The waste hauler will require a copy of the MSDS.

What do I do with empty canisters?
As a greener alternative, we suggest that you return all empty canisters to the distributor that you purchased them from. ITW Polymers Sealants North America has a recycling program set up with distributors whereby the canisters are returned to a reclamation facility to be cleaned/recycled or are scrapped in a responsible manner.